Wet Felting with Sharon Costello - Part 1 Video Download
Access more than 140 video courses (including this one) with a Long Thread Media All Access subscription, bringing you up close to experts in spinning, weaving, needleworking, felting, and dyeing. View Wet Felting with Sharon Costello - Part 1 on our streaming platform.
Felting is fun! Just take wool, water, and a bit of soap, and you can make instant fabric in any color and shape you can imagine. Make a purse or a hat, slippers or a garment. Embellish with silk or glitz, or make multiple layers of color. Master felter Sharon Costello will get you started on this creative craft.
Run Time: 01:45:00
Youll love this video if you:
- Like to make creative cloth fast!
- Like to make hats, bags, and other accessories
- Are looking for great new ways to use your fiber stash
- How to make a fun felted bag and hat
- The best wools for felting
- How to lay out your cloth and add designs
- How to create multiple layers with felt resist
- How to work the felt for the fabric you want
- How to make felted details to finish your projects
About the Expert:
Sharon Costello, of New York, started felting over thirty years ago and is still discovering new applications for this magical craft. She shares her passion and skill for traditional (wet) felting and needle-felting techniques in workshops that she teaches throughout the United States and Canada, as well as through her numerous videos. She also offers kits for her felting creations, available at www.blacksheepdesigns.com.