Spin Off Autumn Retreat (SOAR) 2021
All COVID-19 CDC guidelines will be followed throughout the event. We will offer full refunds for any reason until August 23, 2021 (30 days prior to the event).
After purchase you will receive a survey to request the Intensive + Sampler classes you would like to be in. We will do our best to place everyone in your requested classes. If we're not able to accommodate your request, we are happy to offer a full refund.
There are fewer than 65 spaces total for this incredible handspinning experience! Spend four days expanding your skills and deepening your passion for spinning in one of America’s most beautiful places, the Colorado Chautauqua in Boulder. Learn from some of the greatest spinners and fiber artists in the world, including:
- Heavenly Bresser, antique spinning wheel collector and indie dyer
- Maggie Casey, instructor of The Spinning Teacher and author of Start Spinning
- Stephenie Gaustad, illustrator and author of Practical Spinner’s Guide: Cotton, Flax & Hemp and A Spinner’s Dozen
- Kate Larson, editor of Spin Off and PieceWork magazines and author of Practical Spinner’s Guide: Wool
- Judith MacKenzie, author of Teach Yourself Visually: Handspinning and The Intentional Spinner and textile raconteur
- John Mullarkey, author and tablet weaving instructor and the developer of the Schacht Zoom Loom
- Lynda Teller Pete, master Navajo tapestry weaver and coauthor of Spider Woman’s Children: Navajo Weaving Today
- Deborah Robson, author of The Fleece & Fiber Sourcebook and instructor of Handspinning Rare Wools video
You’ll study with accomplished fiber arts teachers, connect with fellow spinners from around the world, and appreciate the natural beauty and historic surroundings of the Colorado Chautauqua.
All accommodations, breakfasts, lunches, dinners, classes, materials fees, and evening events are included, but space is limited.
COURSE UPDATE: The Weaving Navajo Tapestry Intensive is now on a waitlist. All other samplers and intensives have availability.
Room Types (All Private Rooms Single Occupancy):
Private Room / Private Bath Package ($2,999.99): You will have your own room for 5 nights with a private bathroom.
Private Room / Shared Bath Package ($2,899.99): You will have your own room for 5 nights with a shared bathroom.
Shared Room / Shared Bath Package ($2,499.99): You will be in a room with another attendee for 5 nights and sharing a bathroom.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com
NOTE: If there is someone you'd like to share a room with, please make that note in the checkout notes.
Thank you, Sponsors
Schacht Spindle Company
We have been designing handweaving and handspinning equipment since 1969. It's been pleasurable and challenging to learn how closely our products tie in with the craftsperson's work. We realize that the quality of this work depends on the quality of our tools.
Eugene Textile Center
Visit Eugene Textile Center's retail shop for equipment and materials for the fiber arts, as well as studios for weaving and surface design. They offer classes and studio support for anyone with an interest in handweaving, surface design on cloth, and other non-woven fiber techniques.
If you weave, spin, knit, crochet, cross-stitch, needlepoint, hand-stitch, braid (kumihimo), create silk fusion, fiber art, nuno felt, mixed media or make paper, you'll find the silk that works for you at Treenway Silks