Spin Off Autumn Retreat (SOAR) 2021
Due to concern for the health of our participants and instructors, we have made the difficult decision to postpone the Spin Off Autumn Retreat until 2021.
The event will take place at the Colorado Chautauqua September 23–28, 2021. We are coordinating with instructors and participants to confirm or update the program; registration for the 2021 event is now open.
We are so sorry not to see you this fall, but we look forward to a healthy, close-knit event next year. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anne, John & Linda
We will do our best to place everyone in your requested Intensive + Sampler classes. If we're not able to accommodate your request, we are happy to offer a full refund.
There are fewer than 65 spaces total for this incredible handspinning experience! Spend four days expanding your skills and deepening your passion for spinning in one of America’s most beautiful places, the Colorado Chautauqua in Boulder. Learn from some of the greatest spinners and fiber artists in the world, including:
- Donna Brown & Cathy Jacobus, gardeners and natural dyers with the Janice Ford Memorial Dye Garden at the Denver Botanic Gardens
- Maggie Casey, instructor of The Spinning Teacher and author of Start Spinning
- Melissa Weaver Dunning, traditional spinner, weaver, and ballad singer
- Celia Quinn, teacher at the first SOAR and Spin Off World Record Holder, Finest Thread (cotton)
- Kate Larson, editor of Spin Off and PieceWork magazines and author of Practical Spinner’s Guide: Wool
- Rebecca Mezoff, tapestry weaver and author of The Art of Tapestry Weaving
- Barbara Teller Ornelas and Lynda Teller Pete, master Navajo tapestry weavers and authors of Spider Woman’s Children: Navajo Weaving Today
- Deborah Robson, author of The Fleece & Fiber Sourcebook and instructor of Handspinning Rare Wools video
You’ll study with accomplished fiber arts teachers, connect with fellow spinners from around the world, and appreciate the natural beauty and historic surroundings of the Colorado Chautauqua.
All accommodations, breakfasts, lunches, dinners, classes, materials fees, and evening events are included, but space is limited.
Room Types (All Private Rooms Single Occupancy):
Private Room / Private Bath Package ($2,999.99): You will have your own room for 5 nights with a private bathroom.
Private Room / Shared Bath Package ($2,899.99): You will have your own room for 5 nights with a shared bathroom.
Shared Room / Shared Bath Package ($2,499.99): You will be in a room with another attendee for 5 nights and sharing a bathroom.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com
Refunds: We will offer full refunds until June 23, 2021 (90 days prior to the event).
NOTE: If there is someone you'd like to share a room with, please make that note in the checkout notes.
Thank you, Sponsors
Schacht Spindle Company
We have been designing handweaving and handspinning equipment since 1969. It's been pleasurable and challenging to learn how closely our products tie in with the craftsperson's work. We realize that the quality of this work depends on the quality of our tools.
Visit Eugene Textile Center's retail shop for equipment and materials for the fiber arts, as well as studios for weaving and surface design. They offer classes and studio support for anyone with an interest in handweaving, surface design on cloth, and other non-woven fiber techniques.
If you weave, spin, knit, crochet, cross-stitch, needlepoint, hand-stitch, braid (kumihimo), create silk fusion, fiber art, nuno felt, mixed media or make paper, you'll find the silk that works for you at Treenway Silks