Spin Off Autumn Retreat (Loveland, Colorado—Oct 29– Nov 3, 2023)
There are fewer than 80 spaces total for this incredible handspinning experience! Spend four days expanding your skills and deepening your passion for spinning alongside a warm, spirited community of fellow spinners. Learn from some of the greatest spinning teachers and fiber artists in the world, including:
- TahNibaa Naataanii, fifth generation Navajo weaver, is an active instructor and artist. Her mother, Sarah H. Natani, taught at past SOAR events.
- Maki Teshima is a botanical-dye artist who has studied at the Fashion Institute of Technology and in private studios in Kyoto, Japan.
- Maggie Casey, instructor of The Spinning Teacher along with many other beloved videos, and author of Start Spinning
- Stephanie Flynn Sokolov, fiber arts instructor and coauthor of Woven Scarves: 26 Inspired designs for the Rigid Heddle Loom
- Devin Helmen, spinning instructor and textile writer whose work focuses on creating useful cloth informed by history
- Amy Tyler, spinner and teacher with a focus on movement and motion, and instructor of the new video, Spinning Wheel Mechanics
- Kate Larson, editor of Spin Off magazine, author of Practical Spinner’s Guide: Wool, and instructor of the recently released video How to Spin on a Charkha
- Kris Paige, longtime spinner, knitter, and weaver working with the sustainably gathered fur of wolf hybrids at the W.O.L.F Sanctuary in Colorado
- Galina Khmeleva, author of Gossamer Webs and instructor of the video Spinning Gossamer Threads
- Heavenly Bresser, spinner, fiber artist, and spinning wheel restorer, and instructor of the forthcoming Fractal Spinning video
- Rebecca Mezoff, award-winning tapestry weaver and author of The Art of Tapestry Weaving
- Angela Schneider, textile artist, instructor, and project editor at Long Thread Media
You’ll study with accomplished fiber arts teachers, connect with fellow spinners from around the world, and relax in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains.
All accommodations, breakfasts, lunches, dinners, classes, materials fees, and evening events are included, but space is limited.
Participants will be invited to choose classes on a first purchased, first choice basis. Attendees will receive a link to build your schedule by July 14th, 2023.
We will offer full refunds for any reason until July 29, 2023.
Room Types (All Private Rooms Single Occupancy):
- Private Room (King Bed): You will have your own room for 5 nights with a private bathroom.
Shared Room (2 Queen Beds): You will be in a room with another attendee for 5 nights and sharing a bathroom.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: If there is someone you'd like to share a room with, please make that note in the checkout notes.
Thank you, Sponsors
If you weave, spin, knit, crochet, cross-stitch, needlepoint, hand-stitch, braid (kumihimo), create silk fusion, fiber art, nuno felt, mixed media or make paper, you'll find the silk that works for you at Treenway Silks
Yarn Barn of Kansas
The Yarn Barn of Kansas has been supplying Knitters, Weavers, Spinners, and all fiber crafters and artists with yarn, patterns, equipment, and accessories since 1971. Whether you are around the corner from us in downtown Lawrence Kansas, or around the country, the Yarn Barn truly is your "local yarn store" with an experienced staff to answer all your questions. Call us today at 800-468-0035 or visit our website at www.yarnbarn-ks.com to shop, learn, and explore.
Greenwood Fiberworks is an indie dye company that specializes in hand-dyed luxury fibers and yarns. We carry a selection of yak, camel, merino, bamboo, blends, and more, all celebrating our love of spinning and fiber. When we aren't in Utah dyeing fiber, we are on the road, and look forward to meeting you this October in Colorado at SOAR. Visit us at www.greenwoodfiberworks.com
TheDancingGoats makes historic and prehistoric reproductions and re-imaginings of fiber arts tools. Focusing on the prehistoric textile traditions of the Northern Roman Provinces, the Northern Isles, and Western Europe. Shuttles, heddles, looms, spindles, and whorls. Tools made in wood, stone, pewter, copper alloys, ceramics, and glass. The advanced CNC Laser at TheDancingGoats is dedicated to making fiber arts tools and folklore inspired creations.