Spin-Off, Winter 1990 Digital Edition
Spin your way throughSpin-Off Winter 1990 with new handspun challenges and projects.Learn about the economic and cultural survival of Tierra, NM through wool and thread production, create silk noil thread for a knitted Peruvian-style hat,and start spinning elastic core yarns for your next project that needs more grip! Plus, learn about blending fibers with a picker and spinning Tierra wools.
Full of projects for all, Spin-Off Winter 1990 is sure to keep your spinning hands busy:
- Knit Wimples
- Handspun, Handwoven Cocoon by Cindy Franzek, Joseph Franzek, and Jody Hyman
- Knit Freeform Fair Isle Vest by Deb Menz
- Woven Silk/Cotton Blouse with Lace Collage by Rita Buchanan
- Knit Winter Hood by Celia Quinn
- Knit Peruvian Hat by Diane Vatney
- Knit Poncho with Cowl Collar by Ginny Norris
- Knit Stained-Glass Sweater by Connie Johnson
- Woven Poncho by Elizabeth Lang
In every issue, you will be amazed at the amount of information packed into these pages:
- Be inspired by spinners from all over the world. In each issue, you’ll meet spinners with unique stories to tell.
- Explore a variety of spinning techniques. Get an up-close look at piles of gorgeous handspun yarns and learn how to make them for yourself.
- Test your spinning skills with projects that use your handspun yarns.
- And so much more!
This issue was scanned from an original print issue.