Illegal Yarn: Spinning that Breaks the Rules Video Download
Every beginner spinner is typically taught to spin singles with an S twist and ply with a Z twist or the other way around. Patsy Zawistoski fully supports teaching beginner spinners this rule…and she also believes that rules are meant to be broken.
In this short, 37 minute video workshop, she discusses how by spinning two singles with opposite twists then plying them with an S twist can create very unique yarn (and what she dubs "illegal") that is a pleasure to work with. The resulting yarn can be considered novelty, with one loose strand and one tight strand.
Patsy Zawistoski will teach you how to accomplish this effect by:
- Discussing twist concepts with a handy number chart (including as a PDF with purchase)
- Showing what she terms “illegal” yarn looks like when completed
- Demonstrating how to spin with this new twist concept
- Using different fibers to show the different effects as well as prepping the fiber to get the right consistency
- Plying these opposite twisted singles together
If you'd like to purchase the streaming version of this video, visit: Illegal Yarn: Spinning that Breaks the Rules