Handwoven, May/June 2014 Digital Edition
Anniversary Issue: Celebrate 35 Years of Weaving!
Handwoven, May/June 2014
Not only will we take a look at the past 35 years, but you will get so much more with this issue! Explore designing at the loom and how to weave many patterns from just one warp in Handwoven May/June 2014! Diane Palme offers clever tips for sampling, Tien Chiu illustrates the versatility of block weaves and pro le drafts, and Melodie Usher tells how solo warpers can put on a long warp for sampling.
Robyn Spady’s intriguing towels use an unusual overshot gamp. Rebecca Fox and Christina Garton present coordinated napkin sets for gracious entertaining, Katzy Luhring and friends make a vibrant shawl and runner by changing setts mid-warp, and Deborah Jarchow and Nancy McRay show possibilities for on-the- y design on rigid-heddle looms.
Projects included in Handwoven, May/June 2014:
- Rose and Star Overshot Towels by Robyn Spady
- All-American Towels by Tom Lipare
- Pinwheels Redux Napkins by Christina Garton
- Peaceful Rhythm Towels by Sarah H. Jackson
- Little Gems Coasters by Susan Horton
- Fresh Citrus Napkins and Tablecloth by Rebecca Fox
- Zigzag Scarf by Deborah Jarchow
- Northwoods Navajo-Inspired Mat by Marcella Edmund
- Spicy Scarves by Tien Chiu
- Sett Fiesta Runner and Shawl by Katzy Luhring with Mary Berent and Michele Belson
- American Snow ake Scarf by Jan Josifek
- Bauhaus Scarf by Marilynn Cowgill
Order or download your copy of Handwoven May/June 2014 today!