Handwoven, January/ February 1992 Digital Edition
If you’re looking to learn basics about felting, weaving jewelry, and eight-shaft loom weaving techniques and projects, the January/February 1992 issue of Handwoven magazine has what you're looking for!
Felting Techniques and Fiber Jewelry Making in the January/February 1992 issue of Handwoven Magazine!
Explore all that can be done with felted fabrics with weaving projects for hats, jackets, and slippers, plus ideas for finishing edges using crochet and knitting. Also, dive into fiber jewelry making with all sorts of woven accessories.
The feature articles of this issue will introduce you to weaving legends and new patterns:
- Discover one of America’s oldest and most successful commercial handweaving studios in Berea, Kentucky.
- Learn tips for interruption-free weaving.
- Get a closer look at twill, a versatile weave structure.
- Explore the oriental rugs of Orlo Duker in California.
- Learn how to felt from fiber to fabric to hat, slippers, and jacket.
- Find new tips and tricks for weaving with an eight-shaft loom. Just think “two!”
Test weaving skills and new felting and jewelry making techniques with a whopping 21 projects!
- Mixed Warp Scarf by Margaret Gaynes
- Cotton Twill Towels by Sharon Alderman
- Croghan's handsome plainweave throw, by Joanne Crogan
- Shadow Weave Runner by Deborah Linden
- Confetti Mug Rugs by Linda Hendrickson
- Checkerboard in a Bag by D. Neilsen
- Color Wheel Tea Set by Beverly Berg
- Felted Cape Coat by Dee Knisely
- Trillium-Flower Felted Jacket by Mary Curran
- Felted Cottage Boots by Erda Kappeler
- Felted Slippers by Phyllis Craig and Carol Ellis
- Triangular Pin by Charlene Leary
- Swedish Lace Barrettes by Judy Elson
- Collage Pins by Lynda McDaniel
- Wrapped Earrings by Jean Sullivan
- Needle Pins Kathryn Redman
- Boundweave Pins by Phyllis Miller
- Buttons by Beth Karjala
- Honeycomb Pin by Margaret Libsch
- Cat Tracks Pins by Wendy Sundquist
- Amulet Bag Necklace by Mary Hoogeveen
Get your copy of the January/February 1992 Handwoven Magazine and start a new project!