A Spinner's Guide to Colorwork Knitting-Yarn design for traditional and modern knits OnDemand Web Seminar
Would you like to learn more about what makes a great Fair Isle jumper or fabulous Norwegian mittens? It all starts with yarn design: carded or combed, spun woolen or worsted, two-ply or four-ply—the combinations are endless! In looking at traditional colorwork, Kate will help you create the yarn you want, while giving plenty of tips on sampling and swatching.
This webinar will introduce you to:
- How colorwork traditions differ. Some are airy and light-weight while others are smooth and hard-wearing.
- Understanding fiber preparations and spinning draws.
- How plying impacts a knitted fabric.
- Finishing different types of yarns for colorwork knitting.
- Faster, more accurate colorwork swatching.