Natural Dyeing with Dagmar Klos
Who understands color better than Mother Nature? From quiet to riotous, nature’s color schemes are always harmonious, and natural dyes can be used to create beautiful, vibrant colorways. In this video, master dyer Dagmar Klos introduces you to the secrets of dyeing your fibers, yarns, and textiles with nature’s perfect palette.
- The basic dyestuffs that yield the natural color wheel
- How to set up your natural dyeing studio
- Important safety practices for natural dyeing
- How to prepare your fiber for dyeing
- How to create natural dye extracts and dye your fiber
In her clear and friendly style, Dagmar offers indispensable information on equipment and supplies, types of dye, safety procedures, and record keeping. You’ll see how easy it is to use natural dyes, learn useful tips and hints, and gain a foundation from which to set out on your own natural dyeing adventures.
Learn everything you need to know about natural dyeing in this 60-minute video workshop hosted by Dagmar Klos!