Garment Construction Part 2: Fitting the Body
Web Seminar Download with Daryl Lancaster
Duration: 60 Minutes
The hardest part of garment construction is getting the fit right. There are many patterns available out there, but they all seem to have a particular body in mind, and it isn’t yours! How do you get patterns to fit your body, so your handwoven garments flatter and compliment you. In this segment, Daryl talks about measurements, muslins, and more.In this five part series, Daryl will guide you through the entire process, from deciding what to weave, selecting the pattern, learning how to fit the pattern for the best results, and finally how to construct garments that flatter, maintain stability in the cloth and pay homage to the creative process. Daryl has spent a lifetime making garments. She became a handweaver in the 1970’s and has passionately combined the two, to create award winning garments from her handwoven fabric.
What you'll learn:
- Learn to take an accurate set of measurements and be able to compare them to the industry standard fit chart.
- Understand ease, and grading schematics.
- Learn to make an accurate test garment.
- Learn to make full bust adjustments and more.
Who should download:
- Handweavers who would like to create garments from their yardage.
- Garment makers who would like to learn how to fit their bodies.
- Sewers (or sewists) who would like to better understand the pattern industry fit model.
- Handweavers and garment makers who want their garments to fit well and celebrate their spirit.
Download Garment Construction Part 2: Fitting the Body today!