Weaving with Novelty Yarns Video Download
Access more than 140 video courses (including this one) with a Long Thread Media All Access subscription, bringing you up close to experts in spinning, weaving, needleworking, felting, and dyeing. View Weaving with Novelty Yarns on our streaming platform.
In this video, master weaver, mythbuster, and yarn explorer Tom Knisely shows that weaving yarn doesn’t have to come on a cone, and that weaving with novelty yarns opens a whole new world of design possibilities for woven fabric.
- How to tell which yarns are right for warp
- How to pair novelty yarns with other yarns to enhance durability
- Tricks for designing, warping, and weaving with delicate or textured yarns
- How to repair a broken thread quickly and cleanly
- How to finish novelty fabrics
- The best hemstitching trick you’ve ever seen!
Tom has spent his teaching and weaving career in a yarn shop, experimenting with every kind of yarn there is, and now you can reap the riches of his vast experience, his weaving wisdom, and his ever-present sense of fun. With Tom at your side, every delicious yarn in your stash or your local yarn shop will become fertile ground for your weaving imagination.
Order your copy of Weaving with Novelty Yarn today!
If you'd like to purchase the streaming version of this video, please visit: Weaving with Novelty Yarn