Handwoven, January/February 1993 Digital Edition
If you’re looking to learn more about natural dyes, color combinations, and weaving patterns, the January/February 1993 Handwoven magazine is what you need.
All about color in the January/February 1993 issue of Handwoven Magazine!
Color your world (or at least your weaving) with articles on designing with complimentary colors, creating random ikat, and naturally dyeing cotton. Projects include a plaited twill scarf, spot-Bronson napkins, and a bright “Caribbean blues” blanket.
The feature articles of this issue will introduce you to weaving legends and new patterns:
- Awaken your creativity with colors in tips from weaving master Randall Darwall.
- Read a children’s tale to inspire a weaver’s creativity in The New Weaver’s Cloth.
- Discover how designing and afghan for a friend became this weaver’s route to success.
- Create a vibrant scarf with rainbow-dyed silk bricks.
- Read about the 1994/1995 yarn forecast.
Enjoy 13 projects to explore new color techniques!
- Grand Wash Scarf by Sharon Alderman
- Color-Matched Afghan by Elaine Duncan
- Complementary Napkins by Beth Johnson
- Indian Summer Blanket by Carla Moore
- Summer & Winter Felted Vest by Anne Sneary
- Caribbean Blues Blanket by Leslie Voiers
- Calendar Towel by Margaret Gaynes
- Southern Lights Scarf by Pat Wagner Thompson
- Colorful Striped Towels by Betsy Morton
- Dressy Coat Scarf by Hannelore U. Scott
- Plaited Twill Scarf by Patti Diament
- Sunset Muffler by Nell Znamierowski
- Rainbow Twill Scarf by Yvonne Stahl
Get your copy of the January/February 1993 Handwoven Magazine and start a new project!