Weldon's Practical Knitter, Series 20 eBook
How to Knit Petticoats, Socks, Caps, Stockings, Shoes, Counterpanes, etc.
PieceWork’s presents Weldon's Practical Knitter, Twentieth Series. We have reproduced for you here the knitting material from the Twentieth Series. The 14 featured projects range from simple to ornate and include the handsome Gentleman's Ribbed Bicycle Stocking, a Boy's Plaid Sock, the exquisite lacey French Pattern for a Quilt and much more.
They are reproduced for you here exactly as they appear in the original Weldon's; neither alterations nor corrections were made.
This eBook is for the history enthusiast, vintage-inspired knitter, and sophisticated needleworker.
Open a window on another time and another place. Imagine yourself in the turn of the twentieth century in London, England. Test your skills and surprise your needleworking hands with these patterns from the Victorian era.
Included in this eBook are 14 various patterns:
- Baby's Warm Bootikin
- Lady's Petticoat
- Lady's Vest With Fancy Shell and Feather Pattern Top
- Design for Petticoats, Vests, Scarfs, and toher Purposes
- Lady's Warm Winter Petticoat
- French Pattern For A Quilt
- Boy's Plaid Sock, Athol Tartan
- Overalls for a Young Child
- Child's Petticoat Knitted in Two Colours
- Headcap, or Fascinator
- Baby's Honeycomb Boot
- Stays for Child of Three Years
- Gentleman's Ribbed Bicycle Stocking
- Infant's Petticoat with Bodice
The instructions might perplex a contemporary knitter accustomed to detailed charts and succinct directions, but the patterns are often ingenious, and many of the objects transcend the century-plus span of years since they were devised.
Dowload your copy of Weldon's Practical Knitter, Series 20!