Weaving Well Video Download
Access more than 140 video courses (including this one) with a Long Thread Media All Access subscription, bringing you up close to experts in spinning, weaving, needleworking, felting, and dyeing. View Weaving Well on our streaming platform.
Editor emeritus of Handwoven magazine and owner of The Weaver's School, Madelyn van der Hoogt demonstrates techniques and tips for satsifying, successful multishaft weaving.
With this video, you'll learn how to:
- Match yarn, sett, and structure to get the results you want
- Weave clear patterns and smooth selvedges
- Handle repairs and errors with ease
- Make your finishes as attractive as your weaving
- Learn dozens of other weaving tricks that you didn't know you didn't know
Madelyn shows you everything you need to know to make beautiful woven fabrics, from a great start to fabulous finish.
Over three decades of weaving, Madelyn has made every mistake a weaver can make. Most of the tips and tricks in this video grew out of great questions and helpful suggestions from the more than five thousand students she has taught in weaving workshops and at The Weaver's School.
If you'd like to purchase the streaming version of this video, visit: Weaving Well.
Running Time: 124 minutes