Weaving Rep Video Download
Access more than 140 video courses (including this one) with a Long Thread Media All Access subscription, bringing you up close to experts in spinning, weaving, needleworking, felting, and dyeing. View Weaving Rep on our streaming platform.
Weaving Rep with Rosalie Neilson
Warp-faced rep weave is a playground of vibrant color and patterning possibilities. Also referred to as "ripsmatta" (a Swedish term), rep weave is characterized by the alternation of thick and thin picks of weft, or ribs.
Great for rugs, runners, bags, and other sturdy fabrics, rep is also wonderful for creating artistic hangings because it allows many blocks of pattern with relatively few shafts.
In this workshop video, rep weaver Rosalie Neilson teaches:
- How rep works and why it’s different from other warp-faced weaves.
- How to warp rep patterns smoothly and accurately.
- Weaving rep with smooth weft joins and good selvedges.
- How to design your own rep block patterns.
- Other warp-faced options with a rep threading.
- And more!