Weaving Overshot Video Download
Weaving Overshot with Madelyn Van Der Hoogt
Video Download | 92 Minutes
From heirloom coverlets to dazzling contemporary household textiles and garments, overshot is one of the handsomest of weave structures. Whether woven in miniature on a towel or large-scale in a rug, overshot is striking. In this video, Madelyn van der Hoogt teaches everything you need to know to explore the many faces of overshot.
- How to read, weave, and play with overshot drafts
- Techniques to achieve balanced patterns
- Why half-tones happen, and how you can use them in your designs
- How to spot and weave overshot in rose-fashion and star-fashion
- How to combine overshot threading with other treadlings, with spectacular results!
- Ideas for playing with color and materials
Along with Madelyn’s video workshop, this video download gives you a printable booklet on overshot weaving, complete with planning exercises, reference materials, and overshot projects you can learn from and use. Instantly download your copy of Weaving Overshot today!
If you'd like to purchase the streaming version of this video, visit: Weaving Overshot