Weaving Overshot Video Download
Weaving Overshot with Madelyn Van Der Hoogt
Video Download | 92 Minutes
From heirloom coverlets to dazzling contemporary household textiles and garments, overshot is one of the handsomest of weave structures. Whether woven in miniature on a towel or large-scale in a rug, overshot is striking. In this video, Madelyn van der Hoogt teaches everything you need to know to explore the many faces of overshot.
- How to read, weave, and play with overshot drafts
- Techniques to achieve balanced patterns
- Why half-tones happen, and how you can use them in your designs
- How to spot and weave overshot in rose-fashion and star-fashion
- How to combine overshot threading with other treadlings, with spectacular results!
- Ideas for playing with color and materials
Along with Madelyn’s video workshop, this video download gives you a printable booklet on overshot weaving, complete with planning exercises, reference materials, and overshot projects you can learn from and use. Instantly download your copy of Weaving Overshot today!