Victorian Times eBook: 8 Projects To Knit
PieceWork is pleased to present Victorian Times: 8 Projects to Knit, with eight adapted projects from the pages of Weldon’s Practical Knitter. Our knitters used currently available materials to re-create the projects.
Included in this unique eBook is a fun introductory article by Interweave’s founder Linda Ligon about the wacky and wonderful world of Victorian handwork called “Everyday Cloth.”
You will enjoy the 8 projects that have been taken from various Weldon’s Volumes. Some projects have been adapted from the original Weldon’s, while others are more literal translations. However, each set of instructions is presented in contemporary terms, making these patterns more accessible to knitters looking to advance their skills.
Included are two projects for women, two projects for men, and four projects for children and babies:
- Ribbed Scarf with a Crocheted Edging, knitted by Ann Budd
- 1896 Beaded Cuffs, knitted by Carol Huebscher Rhoades
- Gentleman’s Monogrammed Socks, knitted by Laurie Sundstrom
- A Bachelor’s Tea Cozy, knitted by Laurie Sundstrom
- Girl’s Cap, knitted by Nancy Bush
- General Jinjur’s Jumper, knitted by Joanna Johnson
- Child’s Vest, knitted by Ann Budd
- Baby’s First Socks, knitted by Ann Budd
We hope you enjoy your own Weldon’s experience as you knit these Victorian classics!