Totally Twill: The Basics Video Download
Access more than 140 video courses (including this one) with a Long Thread Media All Access subscription, bringing you up close to experts in spinning, weaving, needleworking, felting, and dyeing. View Totally Twill: The Basics on our streaming platform.
Learn the basics to making your own twill fabric with instructions from master weaver Robyn Spady!
With this video workshop, you'll learn how to mix and match twill threadings, tie-ups, and treadling to create a profusion of patterns.
Totally Twill: The Basics
From its lovely drape to its shaft-thrifty and seemingly endless patterning possibilities, twill is perhaps the most versatile of weave structures.In this 86-minute workshop, master weaver Robyn Spady will show you how to create your own beautiful twill!
In this workshop, you'll learn:
- How to use the twill circle to design twill patterns
- How to determine sett and when to use floating selvedges
- How to use different twill variations, from rosepath and birds-eye to M and W, turned, and fancy twills
- How to create double-faced cloth using unbalanced twills
- How to design twill gamps
Armed with Robyn's clear explanations and helpful weaving tips, you’ll soon be inventing your own unique twill fabrics.
Available on DVD or as a video download
Order or download Totally Twill: The Basics today!
Thank you to our sponsors at Halcyon Yarn!