Three Bags Full Video Download
Access more than 140 video courses (including this one) with a Long Thread Media All Access subscription, bringing you up close to experts in spinning, weaving, needleworking, felting, and dyeing. View Three Bags Full on our streaming platform.
Learn how to select, prepare, and spin a great fleece!
Judith MacKenzie offers in-depth instruction on selecting, preparing, and spinning a great fleece in this four-hour comprehensive video! This is an ultimate guide for any spinner wanting to gain more knowledge about wool spinning.
Have you wandered around the fleece tent at a fiber festival, eager to buy a fleece but intimidated by the possibilities? Do you know what to look for in a fleece? How do you choose the perfect one for the project that you have in mind? Will you have enough to make a sweater or a shawl?
In this video, wool judge and master spinner Judith MacKenzie will help answer all these questions and more. Learn how to judge what you bring home, how to sort a fleece, and even store it until you're ready to dive in. Plus several methods to wash fleece for its best use, comb or card it, then spin it into the perfect yarn for your project.
With this video, you will:
- Spot the best fleeces in the wool show
- Meet sheep from cute and cuddly to big enough to pull a cart
- Learn to lay out a fleece and sort it, from the choicest sections to seconds to waste
- Discover many options for washing wool, from the washing machine (really!) to lock by lock
- Card and comb fiber to create cushy rolags and dreamy top
- Use fine, medium, longwool, and primitive fleeces in your spinning
You'll walk away from your next festival with the fleece of your dreams and the knowledge to create any yarn you please.
Running time: ~4 hours