Three Bags Full Video Download
Judith MacKenzie offers in-depth instruction on selecting, preparing, and spinning a great fleece in this four-hour comprehensive video! This is an ultimate guide for any spinner wanting to gain more knowledge about wool spinning.
Have you wandered around the fleece tent at a fiber festival, eager to buy a fleece but intimidated by the possibilities? Do you know what to look for in a fleece? How do you choose the perfect one for the project that you have in mind? Will you have enough to make a sweater or a shawl?
In this video, wool judge and master spinner Judith MacKenzie shows you what to bring home (and what to pass by).
Travel with her to the Estes Park Wool Market in Colorado and look through dozens of fleeces as she finds the best choices for any project, whether you are looking at knitting a fine shawl or weaving a sturdy rug.
At the Estes Park Wool Market you will look at:
Primitive FleecesLuster Longwool FleecesFine to Medium Fleeces
Once you are the proud owner of a fleece, what do you do next? Judith demonstrates sorting a fleece to find the choicest parts, then storing it until you're ready to dive in. Learn several methods to wash fleece for its best use, comb or card it, then spin it into the perfect yarn for your project.
With this video you will:
- Spot the best fleeces in the wool show
- Meet sheep from cute and cuddly to big enough to pull a cart
- Learn to lay out a fleece and sort it, from the choicest sections to seconds to waste
- Discover many options for washing wool, from the washing machine (really!) to lock by lock
- Card and comb fiber to create cushy rolags and dreamy top
- Use fine, medium, longwool, and primitive fleeces in your spinning
You'll walk away from your next festival with the fleece of your dreams and the knowledge to create any yarn you please.
The 2-disc set also includes a pocket guide to choosing a fleece and advice on preventing pests.