The Weaver's Yarn Companion Video Download
Access more than 140 video courses (including this one) with a Long Thread Media All Access subscription, bringing you up close to experts in spinning, weaving, needleworking, felting, and dyeing. View The Weaver's Yarn Companion on our streaming platform.
The choice of yarn can make or break a weaving project, making the weaving experience and the finished project either satisfying or disappointing. There are so many things to consider—fibers, yarn construction and weight, sett, colors, and more—and so many questions.
In this video, master weaver Tom Knisely answers all these questions and teaches you how to choose the perfect yarns for your projects.
In this 111-minute video workshop, you'll learn:
- The basics of yarn construction: worsted and woolen, plies, twist, and more
- How to choose yarn of the right fiber, weight, and type for your projects
- How to identify “mystery yarns” from your stash or a sale
- The best yarns for warp and weft
- How to choose the right sett and reed for your yarn
- How to design with space-dyed and variegated yarns
- Basic finishing techniques for your cloth
Tom's expert teaching and instruction provides you with everything you need to know about yarn. You will be able to choose yarns with confidence as you strike out on your own weaving adventures!
Download The Weaver's Yarn Companion with Tom Knisely today!
If you'd like to purchase the streaming version of this video, visit: Weaver's Yarn Companion