Start Spinning Video Download
Access more than 140 video courses (including this one) with a Long Thread Media All Access subscription, bringing you up close to experts in spinning, weaving, needleworking, felting, and dyeing. View Start Spinning on our streaming platform.
In this video download, the talented Maggie Casey guides Eunny Jang through the basic techniques and common problems of spinning yarn. Maggie will show you how to pre-draft your fiber, adjust your spinning wheel, ply and finish a good skein and much more.
You’ll Love This Spinning Video If:
- You want to learn the basics of spinning
- You want to improve your current spinning techniques
- You want to better understand common problems while spinning
In Start Spinning You’ll Learn:
- The basics of carding, combing and spinning with a long draw
- The basics of spinning worsted weight and spinning from the fold
- How to better control the results of your spinning
Follow along with Maggie and Eunny as they show you how to enhance your basic spinning skills so you can become more confident creating new and exciting yarns.
Maggie Casey has taught hundreds of people to spin in her own shop and hundreds more at events around the country. She has been a skein judge at the Taos Wool Festival and Estes Park Wool Market and was the juror for Roving the Range at Convergence 2004. Her articles have appeared in Spin-Off and been reprinted in Knitters Review. She has been an avid spinner for 30 years and holds Part I of the Handweavers Guild of America's Certificate of Excellence in Handspinning. She lives and spins in Boulder, Colorado.
Running time: 02:24:03