Spin Thin: How to Spin Fine Yarns Video Download
Access more than 140 video courses (including this one) with a Long Thread Media All Access subscription, bringing you up close to experts in spinning, weaving, needleworking, felting, and dyeing. View Spin Thin: How to Spin Fine Yarns on our streaming platform.
Go beyond bulk and create fine yarns that can be used in a variety of projects! This includes creating fine fabrics that can be knitted in lace; weaving fabrics for clothing; exploring 2, 3, or 4-ply yarns that aren't as bulky as traditional yarns; and developing embroidery or surface embellishments.
Join Beth Smith in this video workshop, and learn how just a few simple changes to the way you spin can have a tremendous impact when it comes to creating finely spun yarns!
As You Follow Along, You'll learn:
- How to make adjustments to a variety of wheels to create fine yarns
- Different materials that can be used as drive bands
- Whorls and how they can affect your spinning
- The importance of reducing take-up
- 3 ways to remove fibers from the comb to achieve the finest of results
- Fine yarn drafting preparation methods
- How to choose the best fiber types to spin a finer yarn
Download your copy today! If you'd like to purchase the streaming version of this video, visit: Spin Thin: How to Spin Fine Yarns.
Running time: 70 minutes
Easy Weaving with Little Looms Summer 2023Regular price $14.99 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Spin Off Spring 2023Regular price $9.99 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Handwoven March/April 2023Regular price $9.99 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Spin Off Autumn Retreat (Loveland, Colorado—Oct 29– Nov 3, 2023)Regular price From $2,799.99 USDRegular priceUnit price per