Spin-Off, Summer 1991 Digital Edition
Learn about Cheviot sheep, look at stamps with spinners on them, and spin straight from the sheep in Spin-Off Summer 1991. Read a roundtable discussion with professional spinners about wool combs and combing with questions like what kinds to own, what to look for, how to prepare wool for combing, and more!
Discover mohair in Angora Goats and Mohair: Part One. Find out the history of these fibers related to spinning from the early history to the US today. Learn about grades, count, and other special characteristics as well as their commercial production.
Projects included in this issue will engage you from start to finish and dazzle when worn.
- Purple Cardigan by Susan Moylan
- Sixteenth-century-style Cap by Deborah Pulliam
- Thick Woolly Vest by Rita Buchanan
In every issue, you will be amazed at the amount of information packed into these pages:
- Be inspired by spinners from all over the world. In each issue, you’ll meet spinners with unique stories to tell.
- Explore a variety of spinning techniques. Get an up-close look at piles of gorgeous handspun yarns and learn how to make them for yourself.
- Test your spinning skills with projects that use your handspun yarns.
- And so much more!
This issue was scanned from an original print issue.