Spin-Off, Summer 1989 Digital Edition
Full of experiments, the Summer 1989 Spin-Off magazine plays with cashmere and cashgora, explores the benefits behind a good fleece, and studies the purpose of boiling wool. Try a new technique by Navajo's that created warm three-ply socks. Plus, increase your picking speed in fiber preparation with safety and effectiveness tips.
Spin colored yarn, camel down, and fine silk for beautiful woven and knit Spin-Off projects:
- Woven Rainbows by Rita Buchanan
- Woven Silk Kasuri Kimono by Jeannine Glaves
- Knit Camel Down Vest by Patricia Emerick and Dianne Stivers
In every issue, you will be amazed at the amount of information packed into these pages:
- Be inspired by spinners from all over the world. In each issue, you’ll meet spinners with unique stories to tell.
- Explore a variety of spinning techniques. Get an up-close look at piles of gorgeous handspun yarns and learn how to make them for yourself.
- Test your spinning skills with projects that use your handspun yarns.
- And so much more!
This issue was scanned from an original print issue.