Spin-Off, Spring 1992 Digital Edition
Discover European tools and techniques with a look at spinning wheels from Europe, Viking wool combs, the art of handspindles and sitting distaffs, and a look at spinning in Slovakia in Spin-Off Spring 1992. Part two of Spinning Wheel Tresures from Europe uncovers the various vertical wheels used throughout the continent including Bavaria, Poland, Russia, and more!
Study the art of tapestry weaving with your handspun, and read through the trials, errors, and lessons learned as Marie Gettman spins and knits a lace tablecloth. Finally practice new skills with Knit lace and Fair Isle sweater patterns. Projects include:
- Victorian Lace Sweater by Vicki Square and Janine Fenton
- Sideways Fair Isle Sweater by Janida Barber
- Polwarth Sweater by Janice Keller
In every issue, you will be amazed at the amount of information packed into these pages:
- Be inspired by spinners from all over the world. In each issue, you’ll meet spinners with unique stories to tell.
- Explore a variety of spinning techniques. Get an up-close look at piles of gorgeous handspun yarns and learn how to make them for yourself.
- Test your spinning skills with projects that use your handspun yarns.
- And so much more!
This issue was scanned from an original print issue.