Spin-Off, Spring 1987 Digital Edition
Sale Sold out
Regular price $9.99 USD
Regular priceUnit price per
This out-of-print and hard-to-find issue of Spin-Off looks at color in spinning, from using a color wheel, growing a dye garden to create natural colors for dyeing, to discovering naturally colored cottons.
This issue also looks at other great spinning tips and tricks, including looking at twist, using overtwisted yarns for a collapse weave, and more.
Projects in this issue include knitted tube socks, color blended woven scarves, a gorgeous knitted fair-isle sweater.
Table of Contents:
- Thoughts on Money, Art, and Spinning by Randy Chelsey
- Show and Tell Gallery
- Color Games by Mary Bernet, Sue Lebman, Peggy Dwyer, & Linda Mercer
- How Much Twist Do I Need? by Alden Amos
- Checking the Twist by John Gickie
- Words to the Wise by Jane Parsons
- Naturally Colored Cottons by Sally Fox
- Thirty-Button Classic by Priscilla Gibson-Roberts
- Grow Your Own Colors—Plant a Dye Garden by Rita Buchanan
- Are You Ready to Collapse? by Mary Frame
- Breeds of Sheep for Spinners: Costwold by Gwen B. Murray
This is a scanned version of a physical magazine.
Easy Weaving with Little Looms Summer 2023Regular price $14.99 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Spin Off Spring 2023Regular price $9.99 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Handwoven March/April 2023Regular price $9.99 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Spin Off Autumn Retreat (Loveland, Colorado—Oct 29– Nov 3, 2023)Regular price From $2,799.99 USDRegular priceUnit price per