Popular Wheel Mechanics Video Download
Access more than 140 video courses (including this one) with a Long Thread Media All Access subscription, bringing you up close to experts in spinning, weaving, needleworking, felting, and dyeing. View Popular Wheel Mechanics on our streaming platform.
The flyer spinning wheel is a subtle machine. Understanding this ingenious tool, optimizing its performance, and making it work for you is key to becoming an accomplished spinner.
In this far-ranging video, Judith MacKenzie looks at several of the popular wheels available to spinners today, dissects their differences, gives pointers on get the best from them, and shares tips and hints on making your wheel as efficient and versatile as it was designed to be.
- How wheel size influences spinning
- How the shape of your flyer affects your spinning
- Why your hooks are on the same side of the flyer, or why you might want them to be
- Why a pulley is not a whorl
- How to spin six different yarns by making simple wheel adjustments
- How to fill a flyer properly, and why it matters
- And several dozen additional fascinating and critical facts and exercises that will make you a better spinner
If you'd like to purchase the streaming version of this video, visit: Popular Wheel Mechanics