The Loom Owner's Companion: Know and Love Your Loom Video Download
Access more than 140 video courses (including this one) with a Long Thread Media All Access subscription, bringing you up close to experts in spinning, weaving, needleworking, felting, and dyeing. View The Loom Owner's Companion: Know and Love Your Loom on our streaming platform.
Tom Knisely has maintained and woven with hundreds of looms in more than three decades of teaching at The Mannings Handweaving School in rural Pennsylvania. In this video, filmed on location, Tom explains how to get the most from your loom, including:
- The features, advantages, and quirks of numerous types of jack, countermarch, counterbalance, and table looms
- How to read all kinds of drafts and tie-ups correctly for your loom
- The tools that every weaver should have
- Easy steps to keep your loom and other weaving tools in top working order
- Dozens of tips for trouble-free weaving
From the beams to the bench, from tie-on to tie-up and sheds to shuttles, Tom shows how to prepare yourself and your loom for a satisfying, successful weaving experience.
Running Time: 163 minutes