Knitting Traditions, Fall 2014 Digital Edition
Celebrate history with 21 projects to discover and re-create!
In PieceWork’s ninth edition of Knitting Traditions, we explore the practical and creative evolution of knitting. Beginning with a visit to the Orkney Islands, we learn how gansey and lace stitch designs evolved there both through everyday life and because of its particular geography.
Then we sail to The Netherlands where, through the colorful lives of fisherfolk, ganseys and their stitch patterns developed into a rich Dutch tradition full of its own symbolism and history. And there are other sorts of adaptions in this issue.
A few of the projects included in this issue:
- Jess’s Cushion by Elizabeth Lovick
- Skolt Sámi Mittens by Laura Ricketts
- Red Mittens from Sveg, Sweden: Tracing Their Story by Ingela Fredell
- Swedish Jämtland Mittens by Carol Huebscher Rhoades
- Islamic-Patterned Shoulder Bag in Indigo and White by Chris Laning
- Persian Slippers by Donna Druchunas
- Fritillary Mittens by Heatherly Walker
- Wellington Boot Liners by Laurie Sundstrom
- Classic Gossamer Triangular Shawl by Inna Voltchkova
- Evening Stockings for a Young Lady by Nancy Bush
- Snow?flake Lace—An Elements-of-Orenburg Scarf by Inna Voltchkova
- Fire and Rose Shawl by Galina A. Khmeleva
In this issue, discover your own knitting connections through the people and their land, the culture, the history, and best of all, the beautiful knitwear!
Order or download your copy of Knitting Traditions Fall 2014 today!
Easy Weaving with Little Looms Summer 2023Regular price $14.99 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Spin Off Spring 2023Regular price $9.99 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Handwoven March/April 2023Regular price $9.99 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Spin Off Autumn Retreat (Loveland, Colorado—Oct 29– Nov 3, 2023)Regular price From $2,799.99 USDRegular priceUnit price per