Handwoven, September/October 1993 Digital Edition
The September/October 1993 Handwoven magazine has what you need for weaving beautiful blankets, simple jackets, and holiday items.
Stay warm this winter with the September/October 1993 issue of Handwoven Magazine!
Stay warm all winter long with the cozy blanket projects featured in this Handwoven. Learn how to create big designs on just four shafts using skip twill and blanket weave. Other projects include tubular tablet woven necklaces and festive holiday tea towels.
Discover, explore, and create with these featured articles:
- View the 7th Avenue design swatches by commercial designer Ellen Hess.
- Learn how to make contemporary tubular card-woven necklaces with ancient techniques.
- Weave and ultra EZ garment for first-time sewers.
- Get ideas for the holidays such as
- Explore the Tsongas Insdustrial History Center at the Lowell National Historical Park.
- Celebrate the Handweavers Guild of America’s 25th anniversary!
Weave a blanket, jacket, or holiday gift with these 16 patterns!
- Barleycorn Towels by Margarel Gaynes
- Swatch Collection #28 by Sharon Alderman
- EZ Jacket by Tammy Kurzmack
- Turned Overshot Jacket by Christie Cherry
- Plain and Simple Jacket by Emmy Spencer
- Three-Season Outfit by Laura Fry
- Heathery Blanket by Laurie Jennings
- Twill Plaid Blanket by Barbara Carovano
- Carpet Warp Blanket by Carla Moore
- Snail Trail Blanket by Betty Lou Whaley
- Blue Jay Blanket by Manuela Kaulitz
- Advent Pulpit Fall by Jean M. Jones
- Holiday Tea Towel by Ann Shafer
- Tiny Snowmen by Alison Irwin
- Silver Snowflakes by Alison Irwin
- Christmas Placemats by Nancy Reile