Handwoven, November/December 1993 Digital Edition
The November/December 1993 Handwoven magazine is for the individual looking to weave a krokbragd, rag, or pictorial rug as well as Scandinavian Finneave and “glitzy” projects.
All about color in the November/December 1993 issue of Handwoven Magazine!
Weave up some “glitzy” projects designed to impress including a metallic wine bottle cover, an angora cocoon jacket, and a sparkly shawl. Also in this issue is a section devoted to handwoven rugs, with projects for krokbragd and rag rugs as well as an article on weaving pictorial rugs on just four shafts.
The feature articles of this issue will introduce you to weaving legends and new patterns:
- Receive tips on how to make your loom room and inviting weaving retreat.
- Learn about an avid recycler would makes luxurious chenille from discarded clothing.
- Read about Bryn Pinchin, and innovative rug weaver.
- Get hints on how to find time to weave in stolen moments.
- Discover the basics of Yarncalc, a computer program for calculating warp and weft requirements.
- Discover the Scandinavian version of double-weave pick-up with designs, Finnweave.
Enjoy 15 weaving projects such as a sparkling shawl, gift bag, and blue pathways rug!
- Lacy Silk Scarf by Margaret Gaynes
- Southwestern-Bedouin Vest by Manuela Kaulitz
- Vest for a Handweaver by Kris Noble
- Autumn Leaves Jacket by Barbara Knollenberg
- Sun and Stars Double Weave Pouch by Alison Irwin
- Gift Bags for Wine Bottles by Leigh Anne Stowronski
- Angora Cocoon by Teresa Kennard
- Shawl with Sparkle by Sharon Alderman
- Summer & Winter Dress with Polychrome Border by Vilija Deutshman
- Colorworks Krokbragd Rug by Janice Jones
- Cloth Strip Rug in Double Binding by Kathy Bright
- Rags With a Latin Beat by Johanna Erickson
- Forest Flowers Rugs by Jane Evans
- Blue Pathways Rug by Joyce Harter
- Fabrics for Interiors #21 by Constance LaLena
Get your copy of the November/December 1993 Handwoven magazine and start a new project!