Handwoven, November/December 2015 Digital Edition
Learn the secrets of overshot drafts to create unique weaves with Madelyn Van Der Hoogt. Then, thread together summer and winter with Pattie Graver and get picky with your picks to successfully weave together the pattern. Lisa Rayner walks you through vibrant patterns and stream-of-consciousness techniques so you can have the scarf you’ve always imagined wearing in the wintertime. Don’t be hesitant to reuse old material - there is a home for weaves in table runners, dresser scarves, and throw rugs. End with Liz Moncrief teaching you the untold uses of bamboo to create beautiful pieces.
Highlights of this magazine include:
- Understanding Overshot by Madelyn Van Der Hoogt
- Summer and Winter Spelled Out by Pattie Graver
- Notes From the Fell: (F) is for Friendly Floating Selvedges by Tom Knisely
- 10 coloful projects to brighten up your winter
- Idea Gallery: Less is More by Madelyn Van Der Hoogt and Anneke Kersten
- Yarn Lab: Beautiful Bamboo by Liz Moncrief
- Free-Form Mermaid Scarf
- Turned Overshot Runner
- Patchwork Dresser Scarf
- Muted Mosaic Throw
- Jeans Rag Rug with Silk Inlay
- And many more!