Handwoven, May/June 1994 Digital Edition
Learn Finger-Manipulated Weaving Techniques with the May/June 1994 issue of Handwoven Magazine!
From insightful articles to fun projects, this issue will have you creating beautiful pieces using a variety of finger-manipulated techniques including inlay with ease and pleasure.
The feature articles of this issue will inspire your creativity and have you rethinking fabric construction:
- Explore the versatile technique of Theo Moorman Inlay.
- Learn weaving techniques for creating an inlay easily from a cartoon or drawing.
- Discover a piece that features finger-manipulated techniques that makes it look almost transparent.
- Weave twill inlay with simple steps that lead to striking geometric designs.
- Discover enriching tapestry imagery with hand-manipulated brocade.
- Learn about pick-up Beiderwand, an easy pick-up techniques that revives the historic technique used in eighteenth- and nineteenth-century Germany.
- Try your hand at finger-manipulated Lace Weaves.
- Dive into ethnic weaving with Bhutanese-inspired supplementary-weft techniques.
Test weaving skills with 13 weaving patterns and projects!
Practice the Theo Moorman inlay technique with Louise Bradley's Tibetan Turquoise Vest, Sandra Swafford's Floral Gift Wrap, Heather Winslow's Simple Elegant Blouse, and Judy Reynolds' Purple Haze Vest. Other inlay projects include Sharon Alderman's Squares-on-Squares Blouse, Barbara Wroten's Easy Inlay Evening Pouch, and Bobbie Irwin's Winter Harvest Transparency.
Try your hand at pick-up techniques with Heidi Waber's Knit-and-Purl Top, Suzanne De Atley's Summer Rose Leno Mat, Barbara Meier's Brooks Bouquet Window Hanging, Alison Irwin's White Rabbit Tea Towels that feature mock damask pick-up.
Weave structures featured in the projects of this issue include plain weave, Theo Moorman inlay, Beiderwand pick-up, pick-up leno, Brooks Bouquet, twill, and more.If you're looking to learn more about finer-manipulated weaving techniques, the May/June 1994 issue of Handwoven magazine has what you're looking for.