Handwoven, March/April 2015 Digital Edition
Handwoven March/April 2015
Digital Magazine | 84 Pages
This issue is dedicated to the joy of fusion weaving, with projects and stories of encounters between weavers and cultural traditions.Backstrap weaver Laverne Waddington tells of her travels and the weavers she has met. Amanda Robinette gives us a modern take on sakiori, traditional Japanese rag-weaving, and Anne Vitell tells us how contemporary Diné weavers (whom you may know as Navajo) are evolving the designs handed down to them. We have towels inspired by the patterns of imperial Russia and the bright colors of India, Japanese noren panels to grace your home, shibori scarves commemorating Colorado wildfires, and a contemporary jacket with an Asian flair that celebrates the breaking down of the borders that separate us. For the simple moments that are universal, we have a classic linen bag to hold fresh bread, and a baby wrap designed for a man’s wardrobe. And Tom Knisely brings a smile while teaching us about our looms and the sweet spots thereon.
Highlights of this magazine include:
- Weaver to Weaver, the World Around by Laverne Waddington
- Sakiori: A Japanese Rag-Weaving Tradition by Amanda Robinette
- Navajo Weaving Today by Anne Vitell
- 10 ethnic inspired projects
- Yarn Lab: The Many Sides of Shifu by Eva Hovde Douthit
- Moscow Nights Tea Towels by Jenny Sennott
- Shades of India Kitchen Towels by Sarah H. Jackson
- Japanese Noren Door Panels by Margaret Zeps
- Western Sakiori Scarf by Amanda Robinette
- Wildfire Scarves: Colorado Shibori by Peg MacMorris
- and many more!
Instantly download your copy of Handwoven March/April 2015 today!
Easy Weaving with Little Looms Summer 2023Regular price $14.99 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Spin Off Spring 2023Regular price $9.99 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Handwoven March/April 2023Regular price $9.99 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Spin Off Autumn Retreat (Loveland, Colorado—Oct 29– Nov 3, 2023)Regular price From $2,799.99 USDRegular priceUnit price per