Getting Started on a Drop Spindle Video Download
Access more than 140 video courses (including this one) with a Long Thread Media All Access subscription, bringing you up close to experts in spinning, weaving, needleworking, felting, and dyeing. View Getting Started on a Drop Spindle on our streaming platform.
Now Available in HD!
Have you always wanted to spin but haven't yet found someone with the patience and skill to teach you? You're in luck--Maggie Casey is here to gently lead you by the hand into the wonderful world of spinning. Learn about the simplest way to spin yarn, with the drop spindle, and use it to start adding twist into your fiber and make the yarn of your dreams.
With this workshop, Maggie:
- Provides a description of the spindle's parts and styles of spindles as well as materials you need to get started.
- Teaches the park-and-draft technique, showing how to take control of the process of spinning and master drafting, twisting, and storing your yarn on the shaft of the spindle.
- Demonstrates how to spin continuously while standing up.
- Shows how to take the yarn off the spindle and twist two strands together in the opposite direction to create a plied yarn.
- Finishes with techniques for setting the twist, creating a skein, tying it, and washing it.
Maggie will have you making your own yarn before you know it. Create great yarn for any of your knitting, crochet, and weaving projects. There is truly no limit to what you can accomplish with a drop spindle in your hands.
Handwoven May/June 2023Regular price $9.99 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Spin Off Summer 2023Regular price $9.99 USDRegular priceUnit price per
PieceWork Summer 2023Regular price $9.99 USDRegular priceUnit price per
10 Favorite Rigid-Heddle Projects eBookRegular price $12.99 USDRegular priceUnit price per