The Master Weaver Collection: Favorite Projects and Lessons from Madelyn van der Hoogt eBook
Get weaving lessons from master weaver and teacher Madelyn van der Hoogt!
Have you always wanted to do more with your weaving, but haven’t been able to find that perfect teacher? Look no further! Madelyn van der Hoogt is one of the best weaving teachers out there with many years of personal experience as well as decades of experience teaching through The Weaver’s School.
She is known for her intuitive understanding of weaving, from helpful hints for an easier weaving experience, to a deep knowledge of a variety of weave structures. She is like a walking weaving encyclopedia.
In this eBook Madelyn explores a variety of topics including:
- The legacy of weaving instruction, from early publications to weaving guilds
- A lace primer
- A deeper look at deflected doubleweave with several projects to accompany it
- A range of weaving techniques and weave structures
Plus, you will get full instructions for 9 projects;
- Twill Thrills table runner worked in advancing twill and straight twill
- Light and Lacy scarf in Huck lace
- Budget Bamboo Shawl in Atwater-Bronson Lace
- Runner, Napkins, and Tablecloth in doubleweave
- Double Two-Tie runner in Plain weave with supplementary-warp patterning and doubleweave
- Madelyn’s “Lattice” scarf in silk accompanied by Lynn Tedder’s “Cloudy Day” scarf in silk and wool both worked in deflected doubleweave
- Three more deflected doubleweave scarves by Madelyn