Loom Theory: Eight Shaft Shawl Collection 2019
The perfect shawl keeps you warm but doesn’t overheat, can be worn in a variety of ways, and has an intriguing design with a luxurious feel. To find the perfect shawl look no further than Loom Theory: Eight-Shaft Shawl Collection 2019, a special publication of Handwoven magazine.
The 7 unique shawls in this edition of Loom Theory are the result of combining great designers with great yarns and weave structures:
- Charlene Kolb + pearl cotton and a cotton/wool blend + fancy twill = Radiant Möbius
- Susan Porter + silk/cotton blend + networked twill = Shade Garden
- Nancy Dunlap + cottolin + huck lace = Jazz Fusion
- Mary Berent + merino/tussah silk blend + advancing twill = Advancing Blues
- Suzie Liles + linen + huck lace = Linen and Lace
- Cynthia Newman + pearl cotton + turned twill = Graphite and Gold
- Brittany Wells + fingering wool + herringbone twill = Sandhill Crane
The shawl patterns contain the complete yarn and equipment specifications, project drafts, and step-by-step instructions in a convenient pdf download.
Each download also includes WIFs for every project that show every warp end and at least one repeat of the treadling. The WIFs can be opened with almost any weaving software.
We would like to thank the sponsors who made Loom Theory: Eight-Shaft Shawl Collection 2019 possible:
- Lone Star Loom Room
- Treenway Silks
- Jagger Spun
- Glimåkra USA
- Lunatic Fringe Yarns
- Brown Sheep Company
Scroll down and browse the Loom Theory: Eight-Shaft Shawl Collection 2019 lookbook for a sneak peek at all 7 shawl projects! Weave your own perfect shawl!