Easy Weaving with Little Looms Winter 2022
Your favorite magazine about small-loom weaving is now available in your mailbox four times a year! Subscribe today!
Readers rejoice! In this Winter 2022 issue of Easy Weaving with Little Looms you’ll find projects inspired by beloved books for young and old alike as well as projects designed with reading in mind. Learn two methods for weaving words on your inkle loom, create a pin-loom-woven tote bag with a book motif perfect for trips to the library, and make a soft and snuggly blanket—with a 12”-wide rigid-heddle loom.
Also in this issue:
Want more from your pin-loom? Learn how to use continuous-strand weaving to make different shapes on a single pin loom.
Pick-up sticks can open a new world of design on the rigid-heddle loom, but if you’ve never tried them before they can be intimidating. Get the basics down and banish your fear with our feature on the power of pick-up sticks.
- Weaving With: Array—A Very Special Tapestry Yarn, by Kennita Tully
- Tapestry Talk: Hatching, by Tommye McClure Scanlin
- String Theory: The Science of Warmth, by K. Rose James
- The Power of Pick-Up Sticks, by Sienna Bosch
- Continuous-Strand Weaving, by Jennifer Chapman
- Behind the Design: Elven Cloak, by Tammy Bast
- Dyslexia and a Divergent Scarf, by Carly Jayne
- Little Prince Scarf, by Angela Tong (rigid heddle)
- Cuppa Tea Cozy, by Margaret Stump (pin loom)
- Meghalaya Scarf, by Shilpa Nagarkar (rigid heddle)
- Namesake Runner, by Christine Jablonski (rigid heddle)
- Incense and Sensibility Cowl, by Sara Goldenberg (rigid heddle)
- Colorful Fish Pillow, by Gabi van Tassell (pin loom)
- Kai’s Scarf, by Gabi van Tassell (pin loom)
- A Faun’s Scarf, by Yvonne Ellsworth (rigid heddle)
- Ma’s Towels, by Malynda Allen (rigid heddle)
- Spiderweb Scarf, by Nancy Peck (rigid heddle)
- Follow Your Star Bookmarks, by Alison Irwin (inkle)
- Charlotte’s Bands, by Sara C. Bixler (inkle)
- Soft and Snuggly Blanket, by Deborah Jarchow (rigid heddle)
- Wire and Ribbon Bookmarks, by Greta Holmstrom (rigid heddle)
- Reader’s Friend Mug Rugs, by Christine Jablonski (rigid heddle)
- Giraffe Body Pillow, by Deborah Bagley (pin loom)
- Library Book Bag, by Margaret Stump (pin loom)
- Cozy Book Pillow, by Hazel Spencer (pin loom)
- Spectacular Spectacle Pouch, by Marieke Kranenburg (tablet weaving)
- Couch Caddies, by Robin Lynde and Lisa Waterman (pin loom and rigid heddle)