Easy Weaving with Little Looms Summer 2022
Your favorite magazine about small-loom weaving is now available in your mailbox four times a year! Subscribe today!
Travel the world without leaving your loom with the Summer 2022 issue of Easy Weaving with Little Looms. In this vacation-themed issue you’ll find 18 projects inspired by or designed for travel. Bring the beach home and into your wardrobe with colorful seaside-inspired runners and towels. Get the kiddos in on the fun with a playful seahorse hooded toddler towel and stuffed whale that doubles as a throw pillow. Travel anywhere in style with an inkle- or tablet-woven lanyard, a sweet embroidered travel pillow, a handwoven passport cover, and of course shawls and scarves galore.
Also in this issue:
Take your tapestry to-go and design and weave with confidence while you do. Read all about the meet-and-separate technique and how to use it to build shapes, and learn how to add twining, dovetail joins, and half hitches into your cloth. Even better? These techniques aren’t just for tapestry, they work on rigid-heddle looms, too!
Turn your stash of inkle and tablet-woven bands into beautiful bags—and we’re not talking just the strap. Learn how you can turn them into fabric perfect for sewing into durable and distinctive bags.
In this issue’s Weaving With, we look at a tightly spun silk that not only weaves up beautifully on its own, but also pairs up perfectly with small bits of extra-special yarns.
- Weaving With: Silk that Plays Well with Others by Peg MacMorris
- String Theory: Sampling for Success by Sarah Jackson
- Crazy Shot by Myra Wood
- Morning Glory Tapestry by Jodi Ybarra
- Weaving on the Go by Claudia Chase and Elena Zuyok
- From Inkle Band to Bag by Julie Beers
- Fresh as A Daisy Travel Pillow by Deborah Bagley (pin loom)
- Earl Grey Towels by Tammy Bast (rigid heddle)
- Cirrus Scarf by Anu Bhatia (rigid heddle)
- Penny Candy Scarf by Sara Bixler (rigid heddle)
- Cinque Terre Towels by Yvonne Ellsworth (rigid heddle)
- Steps to Adventure Passport Cover by Greta Holmstrom (pin loom)
- Open-Air Market Bags by Christine Jablonski (rigid heddle)
- BYO Bottle Bag by Deborah Jarchow (rigid heddle)
- Peekaboo Scarf by Nancy Peck (rigid heddle)
- Road Trip Lanyards by Angela K. Schneider (inkle and tablet)
- Sunset Scarf by Patricia Shaw (rigid heddle)
- Walk in the Park Leash by Rachel Simmons (rigid heddle)
- Lazy Summer Picnic Blanket by Hazel Spencer (pin loom)
- Mystic Blue Whale Pillow by Margaret Stump (pin loom)
- Sand, Sea, and Sky Runner by Margaret Stump (pin loom)
- Summer Breeze Shawl by Gabi van Tassell (pin loom)
- Horsing Around Toddler Towel by Gabi van Tassell (pin loom)
- Cinnamon Sugar Towels by Jodi Ybarra (rigid heddle)