Easy Weaving with Little Looms Summer 2021
Your favorite magazine about small-loom weaving is now available in your mailbox four times a year! Subscribe today!
The 2021 Summer issue of Easy Weaving with Little Looms delivers 23 projects designed to calm your soul, beautify your home, and add a dash of handwoven panache to your wardrobe. All of the projects can be woven with pin, inkle, and rigid-heddle looms, or weaving tablets. There are projects for every ability level, from beginner such as the Boldly Striped Napkins, woven in plain weave by Angela Tong, to the more advanced Double-Faced Herringbone Scarf by Nancy Peck which uses two heddles, a heddle rod, and a pick-up stick to weave twill.
For pin-loomers Gabi van Tassel’s Raffiametry Placemats showcase how to use raffia on a pin loom, while Kay Meador’s Ebb & Flow Pillow takes advantage of slow striping yarns to create a soothing, painterly color-block pillow cover. Jennifer Williams inkle-woven Relaxation Eye Cover brings the spa experience into your home with silk, lavender, and flax seeds. And for tablet weavers, give your high tops a boost of color and pattern with John Mullarkey’s tablet-woven Astounding Shoelaces.
Besides the wonderful projects, you’ll learn about using chance to boost your designs; how to join woven pieces using crochet, embroidery, and knitting; new ways to use fun and colorful art yarns; and 3 tapestry techniques that work equally well on the rigid-heddle loom. Susan J. Folkes writes about the history of bandweaving and her journey to become the expert band weaver that she is today.
- Weaving with Art Yarns by Emonieiesha Hopkins
- Narrow Bands, Skillful Hands by Susan J. Folkes
- Designing by Chance by Tommye McClure Scanlin
- Creative Joining by Kennedy Berry
- Geode Table Topper by Edith van Tassell (Pin Loom)
- Unscripted Plaid Scarf by Yvonne Ellsworth (Rigid Heddle)
- Relaxation Eye Cover by Jennifer B. Williams (Inkle)
- Peaks & Valleys by Anu Bhatia (Rigid Heddle)
- Ebb and Flow Pillow by Kay Meadors (Pin Loom)
- Cherry Blossom Neck Roll by Gabi van Tassell (Pin Loom)
- Double-Faced Herringbone Scarf by Nancy Peck (Rigid Heddle)
- Picnic Mat with Coasters by Kate Lange-McKibben (Rigid Heddle)
- Raffiametry Placemats by Gabi van Tassell (Pin Loom)
- Snappy Napkins by Elisabeth Hill (Rigid Heddle)
- Boldly Striped Napkins by Angela Tong (Rigid Heddle)
- Garden Party Table Runner by Jenny Sennott (Rigid Heddle)
- Hug in a Mug Rug by Jodi Ybarra (Rigid Heddle)
- Fiesta Table Runner by Peg MacMorris (Rigid Heddle)
- Plumeria Plant Hanger by Barbara Goudsmit (Tablet woven)
- Sunset Scarf by Sharlet Elms (Rigid Heddle)
- Coastal Sunset Shawlette by Greta Holmstrom (Pin Loom)
- Rep Bag by Sara Goldenberg White (Rigid Heddle)
- Useful Bento Bag by Hazel Spencer (Pin Loom)
- Kanzashi Scarf by Tammy Bast (Rigid Heddle)
- Belgravia Tweed by Anu Bhatia (Rigid Heddle)
- Astounding Laces by John Mullarkey (Tablet woven)
- Ticking-Striped Picnic Blanket by Sara C. Bixler (Rigid Heddle)