Easy Weaving with Little Looms Spring 2022
Your favorite magazine about small-loom weaving is now available in your mailbox four times a year! Subscribe today!
Find a fresh start in the Spring 2022 issue of Easy Weaving with Little Looms. You’ll find 22 projects to celebrate the new beginnings of all varieties. Weave up an adorable rainbow and hearts baby blanket for new bundles of joy or an elegant shawl for a springtime wedding. Garden gnomes and a pin-loom flower wreath add a bit of whimsy to your home. There are also projects for home décor including napkins, pillows, and a rug—perfect for a housewarming gift or giving your home a new blast of color.
Also in this issue:
Brighten up your weaving with projects and articles designed to get you dyeing, including dyes perfect for absolute beginners and ideas for yarn-dyeing parties.
Hemp is beloved by multishaft weavers for its durability and the way it softens with use, but can you use this bast fiber on the rigid-heddle loom without problems with tension? In this issue’s Weaving With, it turns out that it’s easier than you might think.
Expand your view of the simple frame loom with an article on creating a living room rug from small panels.
In Do it by Hand we ask the question “Why Not Knot?” with instructions for 4 useful knots to help you dress your loom more efficiently and join threads in a more seamless manner.
- Weaving With: (More Than) Just Hemp by Yvonne Ellsworth
- How to Throw a Dye Party by Yvonne Ellsworth
- Just Start by Marjolein Bartels
- String Theory: Dyeing for Absolute Beginners by Liz Moncrief
- Do It by Hand: Why Not Knot?
- Spring Gnomes by Deborah Bagley (pin loom)
- Spring into Summer Wreath by Margaret Stump (pin loom)
- Leno Hemp Market Bag by Yvonne Ellsworth (rigid heddle)
- Dirt- and Plant-Dyed Garden Apron by Jennifer Chapman (pin loom)
- The Dog Walker’s Friend by Joan Sheridan (inkle)
- Fiddler on the Beach by Laia Robichaux (inkle)
- Vihaan by Shilpa Nagarkar (rigid heddle)
- Ripples and Waves by Sara Goldenberg White (rigid heddle)
- Glow Scarf by Christine Jablonski (rigid heddle)
- Jewel Scarf by Tammy Bast (rigid heddle)
- Lilas au Printemps by Jane Grogan (pin loom)
- Spring Fling Scarf by Nancy Peck (rigid heddle)
- Woven and Stitched Top by Deborah Jarchow (rigid heddle)
- Dots Rug by Gabi van Tassell (pin loom)
- Never Too Many Pillows by Tammy Bast (rigid heddle)
- Amalfi Coast Towels by Christine Jablonski (rigid heddle)
- Post-Woe Napkins by Elisabeth Hill (rigid heddle)
- Sunrise Towel by Eloise DeHaan (rigid heddle)
- Thick-and-Thin Throw Pillow by Merriel Miller (rigid heddle)
- Bright Morning Mug Rugs by Hazel Spencer (pin loom)
- Color-and-Weave Napkins by Deb Essen (rigid heddle)
- Rainbows and Hearts Baby Blanket by Gabi van Tassell (pin loom)