Easy Weaving with Little Looms Fall 2022
Your favorite magazine about small-loom weaving is now available in your mailbox four times a year! Subscribe today!
Add a little something (or somethings) extra to your weaving with the Fall 2022 issue of Easy Weaving with Little Looms. This issue proves that even the smallest of additions can make a huge difference to your final product. Add a bit more finesse to your weaving with projects including a scarf with pops of inlay, a runner with a new technique called catenpile, and scarf with a fresh take on Danish medallions. Learn how to do beautiful statement joins by making a pin-loom blanket with stunning crochet joins or a rigid-heddle shawl with decorative stitching. Add some extra oomph to your weaving with a rigid-heddle towel with matching inkle-woven hanging tab, a set of cute pin-loom llamas complete with pompoms on their hats, and a pillow with pin-loom-woven fringe.
Also in this issue:
Even the most advanced weaver can struggle with selvedges. Learn three tricks to getting cleaner selvedges on the rigid-heddle loom and see how they compare.
If you’ve been looking for a new way to embellish your handwovens with designs on the loom, you’ll love reading about catenpile, a new rigid-heddle technique. Jessica Lambert, creator of the technique, walks you through the ways she creates stunning raised designs in her weaving without a pick-up stick or supplemental weft.
See the design process behind a beautifully embellished bag complete with decorative darning, beaded kumihimo tassels, and two types of coordinating inkle bands, a flat one for decoration and a tubular one as the handle.
- Weaving With: Gevolve Yarns by Sara Goldenberg White
- String Theory: Selvedge Experiments by Sienna Bosch
- Tapestry Talk: What’s Your Angle?
- Catenpile Technique by Jessica Lambert
- Not So Plain After All by Alison Irwin
- Not-so-Plain Bands by Alison Irwin (inkle)
- Kodachrome Quilt by Sally Weener (pin loom)
- Prakruti Scarf by Shilpa Nagakar (rigid heddle)
- Infinitely Spectacular Scarf by Angela Tong (rigid heddle)
- No Drama Llamas by Margaret Stump (pin loom)
- Chain Reaction by Deborah Jarchow (rigid heddle)
- A Bag for Janice by Carla by Jeanne Hubbart (rigid heddle)
- Cute as a Bug Pencil Case by Deborah Bagley (pin loom)
- Boxed Lace Wrap by Tammy Bast (rigid heddle)
- Fika Kitchen Towel by Anne Merrow (rigid heddle and inkle)
- Cathedral Window Blanket by Gabi van Tassell (pin loom)
- Arabesque Runner by Jessica Lambert (rigid heddle)
- Stripes and Soumak by Jodi Ybarra (rigid heddle)
- The Fringe Element by Hazel Spencer (pin loom)
- Buttons and Blossoms Cowl by Rebecca Cengiz-Robbs (rigid heddle)
- Squiggle Shawl by Sara Goldenberg White (rigid heddle)
- Building Blocks Blanket by Deb Essen (rigid heddle)
- Casual Comfort by Tammy Bast (rigid heddle)
- Goldenrod Scarf by Christine Jablonski (rigid heddle)
- À La Carte Napkins by Sara C. Bixler (rigid heddle)
- Hidden Diamonds Cowl by Gabi van Tassell (pin loom)
Handwoven May/June 2023Regular price $9.99 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Spin Off Summer 2023Regular price $9.99 USDRegular priceUnit price per
PieceWork Summer 2023Regular price $9.99 USDRegular priceUnit price per
10 Favorite Rigid-Heddle Projects eBookRegular price $12.99 USDRegular priceUnit price per