Drumcarding Basics & Beyond Video Download
Access more than 140 video courses (including this one) with a Long Thread Media All Access subscription, bringing you up close to experts in spinning, weaving, needleworking, felting, and dyeing. View Drumcarding Basics & Beyond on our streaming platform.
Make a Drumcarder Your Favorite Spinning Tool
A drumcarder is one of the biggest investments a spinner can make, and it opens a whole world of spinning possibilities! You can combine different colors and fibers in a custom blend, process entire fleeces consistently, incorporate textured elements for art-yarn spinning, and even open new opportunities for feltmaking. Fiber artist and teacher Emily Wohlscheid shares her advice for choosing, using, and maintaining a drumcarder in this video.
You will love this video if you...
- Are interested in purchasing a drum carder and don’t know what type you would like
- Want to understand your drumcarder better
- Want to create your own custom blends
In this video, you will learn how to...
- Properly use and care for your drumcarder
- Understand how colors blend on the drumcarder
- Create custom blends including heathers, tweeds, textured, and more
Included with the Video Download:
- Detailed instructional videos totaling 2 hours 2 minutes
- Downloadable PDF resources including drumcarder maintenance and buying guide
Emily Wohlscheid is a fiber artist, teacher, and spinner based in Michigan. She creates handcrafted jewelry and hand-dyed fiber goods for her business, Bricolage Studios, and teaches classes and workshops throughout the United States on spinning, fiber preparation, and jewelry/metalsmithing.
Running time: 122 minutes
Instructor: Emily Wohlscheid