Spin to Weave: Making Unique Cloth From Your Handspun Yarn Video Download
Access more than 140 video courses (including this one) with a Long Thread Media All Access subscription, bringing you up close to experts in spinning, weaving, needleworking, felting, and dyeing. View Spin to Weave: Making Unique Cloth From Your Handspun Yarn on our streaming platform.
With expertise and enthusiasm, Sara shows the joy and satisfaction of weaving with handspun yarns.
For 20,000 years, weavers have made cloth with handspun, and you can, too. It's the ultimate in textile artistry: creating cloth from fiber to yarn to the finished product. When you spin yarn for weaving, you have complete control over the color, texture, and performance of your fabric. In this video, Sara Lamb teaches how to create just the right yarn to suit your weaving designs.
With this two-hour workshop you will:
- Learn the properties of a good weaving yarn
- See fiber choices and yarn types for different fabrics and purposes
- Gain knowledge of production spinning techniques to create lots of yarn quickly and comfortably
- Discover how to spin for color effects in your weaving
- Get valuable tips for weaving with handspun
- Learn finishing techniques for handspun yarns and fabrics
From fiber to finish, learn to create luxurious cloth from handspun yarn. By mastering spinning techniques, weaving techniques, color, texture and more, you will be creating gorgeous fabric in no time.
If you'd like to purchase the streaming version of this video, visit: Spin to Weave.
Running time: 117 minutes