Color Works for Spinners Video Download
Now available in HD!
Learn simple tricks to create your own unique fiber colors.
There's magic in color, but creating wonderful color for spinning and felting is what you might call "practical" magic. Start with colored fiber - natural or dyed. Add a blending tool (a drum carder is Deb's choice). Mix and play using some simple, basic color principles - and there's no limit to the possibilities. With Deb's relaxed, enthusiastic guidance, you'll learn:
- Basic blending techniques
- The language of color, which is the key to successful blending
- Working with hue, value, and saturation
- A down-to-earth approach to almost-perfect color matching
- Working with color harmonies
- Combining multiple blended batts
- And much more.
Watching the colors roll off Deb's drum carder is endlessly fascinating, and every new exercise suggests a hundred more that you'll want to try for yourself. It's an endless adventure.
If you'd like to purchase the streaming version of this video, visit: Color Works for Spinners