Card Wool for Color Online Workshop
Access more than 140 video courses (including this one) with a Long Thread Media All Access subscription, bringing you up close to experts in spinning, weaving, needleworking, felting, and dyeing. View Card Wool for Color Online Workshop on our streaming platform.
Choose your very own colorways and bring them to life with a few easy-to-master techniques!
In this Online Workshop you'll learn:
- How to use a drum carder for batts, rolags, and roving
- How to use a blending board for batts, rolags, and roving
- How to use a hackle for striped top
- How to create unique gradient and ombre striping yarns
- How to spin unique yarns with chain plying, fractal spinning, and cabling
Spinning yarns with color repeats is a joy-but buying fiber dyed to spin stripes can be expensive. Using Esther Rodgers’s best-selling video instruction throughout, this Online Workshop teaches everything you need to know to card wool for colorful striping yarns. From solid-colored top to multicolored yarns, this Online Workshop leads you step-by-step through the process of spinning the colorful yarn of your dreams. Begin Card Wool for Color with Esther Rodgers today!
Online Workshop Outline:
- Understanding Color: Gradients & Ombres
- Drum Carding
- Batts & Rolags
- Using a Blending Board for Batts, Rolags & Roving
- Striped Top on a Hackle
- Get Spinning
- Chain Plying
- Fractal Spinning
- Spinning Cabled Yarn
About the Instructor
Esther Rodgers is a writer, teacher, and fiber artist who uses innovative techniques and materials to create her yarn and textile art. Beginning with raw wool, she washes, dyes, spins, and weaves fiber into one-of-a-kind yarns and fabrics. She has taught classes all over the world and makes her home in North Carolina. Learn more about Esther and her work at www.jazzturtle.com