Building Blocks of Spinning Video Download
Access more than 140 video courses (including this one) with a Long Thread Media All Access subscription, bringing you up close to experts in spinning, weaving, needleworking, felting, and dyeing. View Building Blocks of Spinning on our streaming platform.
Spin the Yarn You Want!
Spinning is a craft that can be learned in hours yet has infinite possibilities to be explored over a lifetime. In this video, Sarah Anderson teaches the building blocks you need for a lifetime of successful spinning—twist, draft, and control—and takes us on a tour of the yarn universe to see what you can create.
- The secrets of twist, the “glue” that holds yarn together
- Techniques and fiber preparation for worsted and woolen spinning
- Tips and techniques for spinning short fibers such as cotton
- Basic balanced plying, chain (Navajo) plying, and troubleshooting
- Spiral, cable, crepe, boucle, and other novelty yarns
- Dos and don'ts of yarn finishing
Every technique and concept is explained clearly and simply in Sarah’s inimitable, enthusiastic style with video that lets you see all the action in amazing detail. Topics are presented in easy-to-find chapters so you can reference them again and again over your spinning career.
Everything you need is here! Join Sarah on a journey of fiber discovery and creativity that will enrich your spinning for years to come.
Running time: 237 minutes