Best of Handwoven: Weaving With Linen eBook
Linen, for weavers, has a mystique unlike that of any other yarn. Weavers are afraid to use it, yet we admire any fabric woven in it and associate it with the finest threads and most complex structures—especially lace weaves and damasks.
Linen fabrics have a hand that defies description: a firm gleaming surface with an unbelievable drape. If you have been afraid to try weaving with linen, this eBook can be your personal guide to success. If you have already discovered linen’s joys, the projects included here (more than half on only four shafts) will inspire you to weave many more. Very experienced linen weavers share in these pages their tips and tricks for successful warping and weaving with linen.
Projects include placemats, runners, curtains, towels, and more. Although some use classic bleached and unbleached linen, many take advantage of the glorious array of colors currently available in plied linens.
Contents of this eBook include:
- Weaving with Linen without Tears by Lynn Tedder
- Linen and Lace, Perfect Partners by Linda Heinrich
- Linen Fingertip Towels by Tracy Kaestner
- Linen Table Runner by Tracy Kaestner
- Wae-Weave Table Linens by Hector Jaeger
- Lacy Linen Curtains by Selma Miriam
- Lines of Lace in Linen by Suzie Liles
- Linen Overshot Placemats by Kathryn Wertenberger
- Linen and Log Cabin by Tracy Kaestner
- Lacy Linen Lite: a Runner by Norma Smayda
- What’s Not to Love about Linen? by Barbara Elkins
- A Run of Linen Runners by Vicki Tardy
- Fancy Twill Towels in Linen by Sharon Alderman
- About Linen
- Tips for Planning, Hemstitching, and Fringing
Download your copy of Best of Handwoven: Weaving with Linen today!