Beginning Spinning on a Wheel Online Workshop
Access more than 140 video courses (including this one) with a Long Thread Media All Access subscription, bringing you up close to experts in spinning, weaving, needleworking, felting, and dyeing. View Beginning Spinning on a Wheel Online Workshop on our streaming platform.
Learn how to spin beautiful finished yarn with natural teacher Kate Larson at hand.
In this Online Workshop you'll:
- Learn about the various types of spinning wheels available
- Gain a basic understanding of spinning fibers and how they affect finished yarns
- Troubleshoot the most common spinning mistake
- Get a list of resources for further learning
Thinking about learning to spin, but not sure how to start? Learn about spinning wheels and start spinning yarn in this beginner video from Kate Larson, now in on-demand Online Workshop format!
Watch a preview of this Online Workshop now:
Online Workshop Outline:
- Introduction to Yarn & Fiber
- Introduction to the Spinning Wheel
- Start Spinning!
- Finishing Your Yarn
About the Instructor
Kate Larson keeps an ever-growing flock of Border Leicester sheep and teaches hand spinning and knitting regularly in central Indiana and around the country. Kate has published articles and designs in Spin Off magazine, Jane Austen Knits, and Knitting Sweaters from Around the World and manages the Spinner's Connection blog at SpinningDaily.com. Follow her woolly adventures at katelarsontextiles.com.