Felt It: Make a Mushroom House Video Download
Access more than 140 video courses (including this one) with a Long Thread Media All Access subscription, bringing you up close to experts in spinning, weaving, needleworking, felting, and dyeing. View Felt It: Make a Mushroom House on our streaming platform.
Join sisters Jennifer and Melissa VanSant, owners of Going Gnome, to create a whimsical mushroom fairy garden all your forest friends will love! A mushroom makes a perfectly cozy, homey place for gnomes and other little creatures to live; somewhere safe to keep them dry when it rains!
Using simple needle-felting tools, sheep's wool, and your imagination, you can create a one-of-a-kind, three-dimensional, hollow, felted form. When it comes to felting, the possibilities are endless! This project involves intermediate felting techniques, so previous needle felting experience is strongly recommended!
You will learn:
- The difference between batting and wool roving
- How to make structural felt pieces
- Techniques for shaping and rep-shaping your mushroom cap
- How to attach and secure separate felted pieces together
- Embellishing techniques to personalize your mushroom house
Download your copy of Felt It: Make a Mushroom House today!