A Handspindle Treasury: Spinning Around the World eBook
Regular price $9.99
Originally published as a book by the same title, this eBook has collected articles from Spin-Off Magazine from the past 30 years that discuss the various types of spindle spinning around the world.
Articles in this eBook include:
- The Turkish Spindle--a unique little spindle that allows you to create a ball of yarn as you spin.
- Akha spindle--a small supported spindle used by the Akha people in Southeast Asia.
- The High-Whorl Lap Spindle--Iceland holds a spinning secret for creating soft handspun yarn with spindles.
- Russia's Renowned Shawls--get the spinning story behind the beloved shawls of Orenburg, Russia.
- Andean Spinning--take a look at one of the many ways the people of the Andes mountain region use spindles to create yarn.
- Navajo Spinning--learn how to spin and ply yarn the Navajo way on a long-shaft, supported spindle.